Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cookbook Challenge

I love buying cookbooks and have received several great cookbooks as gifts. Unfortunately, it is typically easier for me to use recipes that are posted online, because I usually forget which recipes I want to try or I'm not at home when I'm deciding what to cook. In attempt to start cooking recipes from cookbooks, I've started a spreadsheet containing basic information about recipes that I want to try. I exported the spreadsheet into a list and pasted the list on my Cookbook Challenge pages (Appetizer; Bread, Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks; Soups; Entrees; Side Dishes; Sauces and Dressings; Desserts).  I have only made it through my 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes cookbook by Carol Gelles and will update the list as I have time. I'm hoping that having access to the list on my iPhone will make it easier to remember which recipes I want to try and that having the list on my blog will hold me accountable to trying more cookbook recipes.

No comments: