1. Paint the entryway light gray. We painted the entryway light blue when we painted the den. We have since decided that it would look better if it were the same light gray as the kitchen, living room, and dining room.
2. Paint the hallway. We are going to paint the hallway the same light gray that we are painting the entryway. (We are hoping to replace all of the interior doors, including closet doors, after we finish the kitchen and master bath, which should make the hallway look much better).
3. Paint the walls and cabinet in the powder room. Yes, another beige/almond room. We will probably paint the cabinet white to match the rest of the cabinets in the house. I would like to paint the walls a fun color and maybe do an accent color on the wall behind the mirror. We'll also deal with the mirror and fixtures when we paint the room.
4. Make curtains for the powder room. As you can see in the reflection, the window is bare right now. There were curtains from the previous homeowners until a few weeks ago when I couldn't stand looking at them anymore. Hideous doesn't begin to describe them. I've never sewn anything, but I've heard that basic curtains are pretty easy. I looked for curtains online and can't find anything that I really like. I think that a fun fabric could make add personality to this room.
5. Paint the walls and cabinets in the laundry room. The laundry room would be very low on our priority list if it weren't the place where most people enter our house. I am not really exaggerating when I say that this horrible almond/beige combination is everywhere. We are going to paint it to match the kitchen (white cabinets with gray walls). We bought enough cabinet hardware to replace the knobs and hinges on these cabinets (and all of the bathroom cabinets).
6. Make curtains for the laundry room door. I wish I could take these horrible, polyester curtains down right now.
7. Refinish the kitchen table. I love our kitchen table (the pic below is from when we moved in). Pres's parents gave it to us when they moved to Georgia. I really like the dark stain, but it is wearing in some spots. Once it gets nice outside, I'd like to sand it down and restain it the same color.
8. Redo extra chairs. We bought these chairs from an antique store that was going out of business. At four chairs for $100, we just couldn't pass them up. I am tempted to paint them but will probably just recover the seat.
9. Declutter/organize the fourth bedroom. The picture below speaks for itself.
10. Paint the fourth bedroom. After we get it organized, we would like to paint this room another color. The blue-gray isn't quite the color that we had hoped for, though it is better then the yellow it was when we moved in.
No comments:
Post a Comment