Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Project from 2010: Extra Seating- Part I

It's interesting to look back at previous goals and see what I actually followed through on, especially ones posted on the internet (presumably, to make myself more accountable).  In February 2010, I posted 10 goals for 2010.  Let's see how we did....


1. Paint the entryway light gray- SUCCESS!  We painted it and then added French doors to make one of the small bedrooms into a study.

2. Paint the hallway- FAIL!  We primed it earlier this year (like six months ago) but still have not gotten around to finishing it.


3. Paint the walls and cabinet in the powder room- FAIL!  They are painted, but only one coat and not well.  We need to redo them sometime soon.

4. Make curtains for the powder room- FAIL!  Have not even picked out a fabric.  Now that I know that there are great window treatment options on Etsy, I'll pass on making them myself.

5. Paint the walls and cabinets in the laundry room- FAIL! The walls are painted but not the trim or cabinets.  The cream trim and light gray walls look horrible together.

6. Make curtains for the laundry room door-  FAIL!  See #4.
7. Refinish the kitchen table- FAIL!
  
8. Redo extra chairs- FAIL!

9. Declutter/organize the fourth bedroom- SUCCESS!  It's now a usable guest room. 

10. Paint the fourth bedroom- SUCCESS!  See #9.


Three out of ten.  Not good.  Back to #8.  I finally bought fabric to do the chairs.  My new goal is to finish them before Christmas Eve dinner...






No comments: