Friday, December 23, 2011

Next Steps: Powder Room

As I said a couple weeks ago, our powder room is still a mess.  We put one coat of paint on the cabinets and walls, and it obviously needs a second coat.







We plan to repaint the walls in the same light grellow as our master bathroom and do another coat of white on the cabinet.   We do not want to spend a lot of money on this room, but there are a few things we still need to get to finish this room: curtains, a new faucet, and a new mirror.


Curtains

I have looked at a bunch of different curtain ideas on Etsy.  I'm leaning towards a coral or aqua ikat or lattice like in the photos below.





Faucet

For the powder room, I like this faucet from Home Depot.  We do not want to spend much money on the powder room, and this actually seemed to be a decent quality when I saw it in the store.


Mirror

When the time comes, I would like to get a painted mirror on Etsy.  Right now I'm thinking an aqua mirror, but the choice will depend on what color curtains we end up with.   I do not like being too matchy, but I think that matching the mirror to the curtains is a good idea.  Here is a mirror example.






No comments: