I am not sure exactly how much bamboo we put down today, but my guess is about five boxes. We did not actually start putting down the flooring until 3:30pm or 4pm. It took quite a while this morning to paint the trim, assemble the saws, and put down the underlay. I was putting the table saw together very, very slowly (cautiously), until I finally asked our neighbor Albert about putting the blade on. He stayed for a few more minutes and helped me put together the rest of the saw. I am convinced that it would have taken me another two hours to do on my own. Turns out, Albert has redone most of their house on his own and enjoys the work. Surprisingly, I am enjoying working on the floors. Pres and I are getting into a groove: I do all of the cutting and he lays the actual floor. I really like using the saws-- they remind me of projects I worked on with my grandpa when I was little.
The pictures below show the room this morning, before we even started taping to do the trim.
The pictures below show what the room looks like now.
I am thrilled by the way the floor looks and by how the room in coming together. Before we painted the trim, we were concerned about how the light gray (the same one that is in the kitchen, living room, and dining room) looked in that room. The color looked better once the trim was painted white and even better with the floor.
We are hoping to finish the flooring in there tomorrow and start painting the other guest room.
1 comment:
I am impressed! Looks great!!
Post a Comment