Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Recipes #112-113: Rosemary Pork Chops with Apples and Creamy Risotto

I generally follow recipes and have had mixed results when I've tried to make up my own recipes.  I had a recipe in mind last night but then realized that I was missing a key ingredient.  I was very pleased with the results.  I estimated the recipes below, since I was just playing around.

Recipe #112: Rosemary Pork Chops with Apples

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 thin cut pork chops
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 eggs
2 tablespoons butter
2 apples
1 bottle of lager
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
Salt
1/2 pint of cream

Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.


Heat the oil in a large dutch oven. Beat the eggs.  Dip the pork chops in the eggs and then in the panko bread crumbs.  Brown the pork chops and then set them aside.

Toss the butter in the heated dutch oven.  After the butter melts, add the apples.  When they start getting soft, add the beer, honey, brown sugar, rosemary, and salt.  Put the pork chops back in the dutch oven and spoon the liquid over them.  Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Turn the oven down to 350 degrees and cook for another 30 minutes.  Cook uncovered for the last 10 minutes.

Take the pork chops out of the dutch oven.  Stir in cream.  Add pork chops back to sauce.  Serve hot.

Recipe #113: Creamy Risotto

1 cup arborio rice
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup white wine
1/2 tablespoon rosemary
1/2 pint of cream

Melt the butter.  Add the chicken stock and white wine then bring to a boil.  Add the rice and rosemary.  Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.  Add cream.  Keep cooking until the rice is cooked and there is little liquid.

No comments: