Saturday, March 27, 2010

31 Great Bedrooms

When I was looking for pictures of pretty bedrooms, I came across a flickr stream created by the blogger iSuwannee.  These bedrooms caught my eye:


I really like yellow and gray together and am thinking about using that combination in our room.  I like the blue and green accents in the room.


I love how the prints work together in this photo.  I have thought about making a headboard with a vibrant print and then using a solid quilt like this.


The room below isn't something that I would want to do but is interesting.  The painting above the fireplace makes the room.


Okay, this is how to do an orange room well.


If money weren't an issue, I think I'd do this room. I love the mix of masculine and feminine elements in this room.  I also love the splashes of color.  I would love to wallpaper a wall in our room, but I know that it is out of our price-range right now.


I like the mustard-painted nesting tables in the photo below.  We have a set that Pres bought from Walmart before I moved to Louisiana that have been some of the most versatile pieces of furniture that we own.  I usually avoid Walmart whenever possible but have been surprised by how well they've held up.  I think it would be fun to paint them a bright color to use as a nightstand, though it would make them less versatile.


I really like the feel of this room though I don't think Pres will let me use these colors anymore.



Another room that I like but probably wouldn't do:



I don't care for the colors in the photo below, but I do like how the nightstands are different (and one is really fun).  We have a good mix of nightstands, but none of them match.  One of the things I've been looking for is photos of rooms with mismatched nightstands like this one.



I would love to have a guestroom like this room.



Gorgeous!


We would like to eventually turn the window in our room into french doors going out onto the patio that we're planning to build.  I love that idea even more after looking at this photo.



I love the rug and the lamps in this photo.




We have a set of painted TV trays that we bought from an auction years ago.  I think it would be fun to paint them a bright color and use them as nightstands like in the photo below.


I love this bed.




I can't put my finger on why I like this room.  It seems cold but is also very appealing.




I like the size of the patterned headboard and the pictures above it. I'm not sure what types of photos we would use, but I think we could mimic this look in our room.




Playful yet very grown-up.







Love! Love! Love!



I think this take on the fabric-covered headboard is interesting.  I also love the pops of yellow from the hanging lights.




I typically don't like pink rooms, especially for adults.  I love this room though.  The shade of pink paint is perfect.  Somehow the floral valances and zebra rug work very well together.






I like how the colors work together in this room.



This yellow painting is great.





Love the pops of turquoise.




Such a pretty mix of blue and yellow!








This bedding is great. I like the mix of traditional (the bedding) and modern (the room color and rug).



Great mix of colors!


So. Much. Fun.




I like the idea of doing each persons' individual monogram on their side of the bed, though this room is way too masculine for my taste.


Another photo that makes me wish that wallpaper were in our budget....



I hadn't anticipated posting so many photos but really enjoyed going through....I'm the only one awake right now and there is something incredibly peaceful about leisurely going through photos while drinking a cup of coffee in a quiet house.

No comments: