I made Gwyneth Paltrow’s low gluten, vegan brownies a couple
of days ago. Considering the
ingredients, it was pretty good. I used
whole grain spelt flour instead of white spelt flower, and almond milk instead
of soy milk. Next time I may substitute
a little butter for some of the oil.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
2 cups white spelt flour (preferably King Arthur)
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown rice syrup (or light agave nectar)
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
1/2 cup soymilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
Heat oven to 350°. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder
and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Whisk maple syrup, oil, brown rice syrup,
coffee, soymilk and vanilla in another bowl. Fold wet ingredients into dry
ingredients. Pour half the batter into a greased 9" x 11" baking
dish; top with half the chips. Pour remaining batter into dish and top with
remaining chips. Bake until knife comes out with crumbs adhering to it, 30
minutes. Let cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment