This year started out with a bang and has been quite the roller coaster so far. I have not had a chance to get back in a routine after all the (fall traveling and) holiday craziness. We finally had a quiet/normal-ish (whatever that is) weekend, giving me some time to reflect and think about how I want to start off the year. I've decided to buckle down and get serious about getting back into shape. I am going to follow the guidelines for the South Beach Diet- Phase One for the next four weeks and then follow phase two for the subsequent four weeks. I am also going to do something active daily (even if it is just walking Dudley for a mile) and going to go to the gym at least three times a week.
It's going to be a challenge, but I am hoping that I will come out of it more fit and with some great, healthy recipes. So far, I came up with the following combinations (not really recipes) that I was pretty happy with:
Breakfast yesterday (Day 1): Poached egg (followed Julia Child's directions) with cherry tomatoes and a half an avocado, all seasoned with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Snack today (Day 2): Smoothie with 1 cup of shredded, raw kale, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, 1 cup of almond milk, and 1/3 cup of crushed ice.
Both combinations would have tasted better if I had added prohibited ingredients but were good considering my restrictions. I cannot wait to try some of the other recipes that I found on Pinterest.
No comments:
Post a Comment