Monday, January 30, 2012

Kitchen Sink Breakfast Casserole

I planned to make the exact recipe on Kalyn's website but then saw that we were out of kale and had some other veggies that needed to be used.  I also sautéed some garlic with the spinach, but I'm not happy with that inclusion.   I made it last night and heated it up for breakfast this morning. It tasted good this morning. Hopefully, it will taste good tomorrow morning and Wednesday morning, too.


Kitchen Sink Breakfast Casserole
Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen's Kale and Feta Breakfast Casserole

2 cups of fresh spinach
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 a grilled portobello
1/2 a grilled red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 ounces feta
1/3 cup green onions
6 large eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Heat olive oil.  Sauté spinach for approximately 3-5 minutes, until soft and wilted.  While sautéing, add salt and pepper to taste.

Layer spinach, portobello, red pepper, basil, and feta in a medium size baking dish.  Beat the eggs and then pour them over the rest of the ingredients.

Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Start checking it at 20 minutes to make sure it doesn't get overdone.

No comments: