During the summer of 2009, we painted the foyer (and the den) light blue with white trim.
We realized last summer that, though the blue walls were better than the almond walls, the color could be improved. That's when we painted the foyer and den a slightly darker gray than the light gray in the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I don't have any pictures of the foyer after it's blue stage but before the most recent round of renovations.
This is what the foyer looks like now. There are now French doors to the study where the radio used to be. Like the rest of the house, the flooring and ceiling are new. We took down the light but the replacement light was two big for the space. Now we just have wires hanging as we look for a new light (okay, get motivated to look for a new light). The room is pretty much bare, with exception of these photos of Pres' parents.
I'm getting towards the end of the updates from the most recent round of renovations. I only have a few rooms left, and then I can get started on coming up with ideas for the next steps in each room.





No comments:
Post a Comment