Thursday, July 14, 2011

Recipe #144: Arugula Salad with Peaches and Blue Cheese

I made this recipe for lunch yesterday, and it was delicious. I'm planning to make the salad sans prosciutto with pork chops tonight. I'll post the pork chop recipe after I make it.

Arugula Salad with Peaches and Blue Cheese
From WholeFoods.com

Serves 6

1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 ripe peaches, peeled and each cut into 6 wedges
18 thin slices prosciutto
4 cups baby arugula
3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Pepper to taste


Whisk together lemon juice, salt and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.

Wrap one slice prosciutto around each peach wedge, overlapping ends of prosciutto. Heat remaining olive oil in a medium non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over moderate heat and briefly cook wrapped peaches, turning occasionally with tongs, about 1 minute each side.

Divide arugula and warm prosciutto-wrapped peaches among 6 salad plates. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with blue cheese and pepper. Serve immediately

Per serving (about 5oz/159g-wt.): 270 calories (180 from fat), 21g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 1420mg sodium, 10g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 16g protein



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: