Sunday, June 13, 2010

Halfway through 2010



I really don't know where June has gone. It seems like I just got back from St. Louis.   After spending a few days with half of the room dark gray, we decided that it makes the room too dark and dungeon-y.  We tested the three colors in the photo and chose the middle color.  I don't have any photos of the den, but the color looks great.  

We have actually made quite a bit of progress on the house lately (maybe that's why I haven't posted much).  Pres painted the entryway and the walls (not trim or cabinets) in the laundry room and powder room.  We also ordered the checkerboard flooring for the kitchen, powder room, and laundry room.  We are hoping that it will be installed by the end of the week.  We have plans for the backsplash but can't order it under after the countertops are installed. 

The patio would be great if we could use it.  The concrete is still messed up.  They have been "fixing it" since mid-May.  The Big Green Egg grill/smoker/brick oven that Pres bought has been sitting in the dining room since May 16th.  The concrete guys are a third of the way through adding a new layer of concrete and stamping it.  Hopefully, it will look okay.  It is the third solution that they have tried-- each attempt made it look worse.  It's just another example of how it is easier to do something right the first time than try to fix it after.







No comments: